Buy local: explore all things nautical at Preston’s Chandlery
Whether you’re a licensed boat captain, a bayman or someone decorating a beach house, Preston’s two shops on the Greenport Pier have everything you need.
Preston’s offers a marine supply shop with clothing and equipment as well as a “gallery” shop with home décor and gifts. It was founded in the 1800s by a Boston captain named Samuel Truman Preston. The shop was then purchased by the Fagan family, who still run it today.
- Acrylic cups, $10.95 each
Whether you enjoy a libation on the boat or by the pool; these stemless acrylic glasses protect you from broken glass. Preston offers a wide variety of designs to suit your tastes.
2. Wallaroo Hat, $67.95 The SPF 50+ sun protection of these hats makes them excellent for the beach or the boat. Sizes and styles are unisex and feature varying accents.
3. Buoy bell with wind catcher, $53.95 These metal bells and windcatchers are made in Round Pond, Maine. Preston has a variety of bell colors with matching hanging windcatchers.
4. Holiday Cards, $9.95/pack
Let your love of water be known with these whimsical greeting cards. Designs vary, but some favorites include beach chairs and umbrellas decorated with holiday wreaths.
5. North Fork laser cut map, $328.00 These maps, made from Baltic birch, are laser cut and engraved with local bodies of water and major highways. This piece features the North Fork, Long Island Sound, and local bays while also marking water depths.
6. Matching clothes Preston Navy has everything from boat shoes to boots to fishing waders. Beyond the handy supplies, they also sell the softest sweatshirts ($40+) for when a cool breeze hits town.
seven. Flour bag napkins, $7.95
Stamped in a variety of designs, these napkins are ideal for use as novelty napkins, decorative napkins or a blanket for fresh bread.
8. Sailor knot door stopper, $35.95 This doorstop is where form meets function. It’s sturdy enough to hold a door open and attractive enough to add a nautical touch to your home.
9. Model ships, from $55 Preston offers a variety of model ships, some simple and some ornate and handcrafted. Each is a replica of a historic ship. Price varies by room. Not illustrated.